Whether you need an ELD for one driver or a fleet, the My20 ELD offers a simple to use option. It’s affordable, works great, and you can install it in minutes.
The My20 ELD is a compact and simple-to-use device that will ensure you stay compliant with FMCSA, but it also offers several other convenient features. It connects directly to the engine of your semi-truck and records your driving time automatically. In addition to ensuring you meet all HOS compliance requirements, this device can also make your driving experience a more pleasant one.
Today, we’ll look at the top features of this device, as well as how to install it, and what kind of reviews it is getting from current drivers. For those who want a simple baseline device that ensures compliance, this could be a good choice. It might not have every bell and whistle, but it does the job and it does it for much less money than many of the competitors.
Is this the right ELD for you? Perhaps. Take a look at the features, pros and cons, and installation instructions to learn more and make a knowledgeable decision.
- Basic Information About the My20 ELD
- Understanding the Subscription Costs with My20 ELD
- The Top Features of the My20 ELD
- Who is the My20 ELD Best For?
- The Top Benefits of the My20 ELD
- How to Install the My20 ELD
- Special Information About the My20 ELD Application
- Pros & Cons of the My20 Electronic Logging Device
Basic Information About the My20 ELD
In the most basic terms, the My20 is an ELD option for drivers, owner-operators, and fleet owners. It also offers plenty of options beyond simple logging of your hours of service. It also keeps track of the location of drivers, the available capacity, and more. This ensures that the device complies with FMCSA requirements and you can drive with peace of mind.
Wondering what else this device is capable of? The system itself includes hardware and telematics software that records what drivers are doing at every turn. It can not only help you save a bit of time, but also assist you in making the most money possible without going over in miles. It’s a super versatile device that will find a home in many semi-trucks across the country.
This device has a standard 9-pin connector, as well as adapters for OBD-11 and 6-pin ECM ports. All you need to do is download the app, install the electronic logging device, and get to work. This device is a compact one at 1.5 x 1.7 x 1 inch and will hardly be seen in your truck.
Understanding the Subscription Costs with My20 ELD
There are two different options for payment when using My20, but there is no free version. You can select to pay $330 for a 12-month subscription or you can pay $600 and get service for 25 months to save a bit of money.
Also, those who need an ELD connector for their trucks will need to pay $129, and some vehicles will also require an adapter that is not included. The standard connector that comes with the device is a 9-pin J1939 ECM connector.
The Top Features of the My20 ELD
Whether you are managing a fleet, own your truck, or are an owner-operator, you want to choose an ELD option that has features that match up with your needs. With the My20, you get all the simple features you could want, along with many powerful extras that can be used to ensure a fleet has the highest possible earning potential.
Here are some of the things you will be able to enjoy when you use the My20 ELD:
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Dynamic Load Matching
- Engine Information
- Fuel Information
- GPS Tracking
- Log Auditing
- My20 Rewards
- Two-way Messaging
Who is the My20 ELD Best For?
With the features that come included with the My20 ELD, it works well to offer all the information that drivers and dispatchers need to handle various shipments. As millions of trucks are adding new logging device, this product is one that can keep up with even the most enormous fleets.
While carriers and drivers will see the most considerable benefits from this electronic logging device, it also meets the needs of independent owners and operators as well as managers of fleets. It has all the extras to make managing a fleet a simple and straightforward proposition.
The Top Benefits of the My20 ELD
When you’re selecting one electronic logging device from several, you want to know what separates each of them from the pack. When it comes to the My20 ELD, there are lots of benefits to making it your go-to option. This device was created to help you make more money while spending less of it through some of the things below.
• No Need for Paper Logs – This ELD can be a massive change for drivers, but it also ends up saving time. After drivers are used to using it, there’s truly little a driver needs to do on their own. Instead, the device automatically determines when a truck stops or shuts down, rather than making you change out your status every single time.
• Simple to Use Even for Beginners – The My20 is a convenient tool for every driver that is straightforward and intuitive to start using. After you log into the Android or Apple app, nearly everything switches to automatic mode. Also, you don’t need to interact with the device while driving, so you can be sure your focus is where it should, on the road ahead of you.
• Features a Fuel Reward Program – Another thing that sets the My20 apart is the fuel reward program where you can earn points and get rewards just for doing your job. You can earn points through GoFuel purchases, GoLoad shipments, and five-star reviews. Every point is worth about $0.01, but it can add up quickly.
• Easier Way to Edit the Logbook – This device lets you edit the logbook, which is a game-changer if a mistake is taken down or you need to place missing information into it. The only thing to be aware of is that you should make a note every time you make an edit, so you can explain why the edit was needed.
• Navigation and Route Mapping Options – Rather than forcing you to use a specific navigation app, the My20 lets you choose from three: Waze, PC miler, and Google Maps. You can select the option that you feel has the best and most efficient routes to save time and fuel.
• Real-Time Dynamic Load Matching – Through something called GoLoad, My20 ELD sets itself apart from its competitors. Drivers can find loads along the way they are already going to make extra money and drop the number of miles when the truck is empty.
• Loads of Support Documents – The app on your smartphone or tablet will have tons of support documents under the help menu. Any of these pages can be printed from the support page if you want a physical copy. Drivers and owners can also reach out to the support team at all times of day or night.
How to Install the My20 ELD
The installation process for the My20 ELD is simple and straightforward, so you can get it done and move on with your day. There are four different steps, but each of them takes only a few minutes to get through. Once you complete them all, you’ll be driving with an assurance that you stay compliant.
• Download the My20 App – The My20 app can be found on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, so getting access to it is a cinch. Find it in the store, download, and install it, and you’ll be ready to move forward with the next step to get your My20 EDL running.
• Install the My20 Hardware – Next up, you’re going to take the actual My20 hardware and get it installed on your vehicle. It’s going to be placed in one of the diagnostic ports found on your semi-truck. The instructions that come with the device will help you through this step.
• Link Your Phone to the My20 Device – It’s simple to connect the device with your phone since it utilizes Bluetooth. For any problems, make sure to take a look at the user’s manual since this is an essential step in the process. Without being connected to a phone or tablet, you won’t get the level of functionality that you want.
• Start Tracking Miles and More – At this point, you’re ready to get up and start driving. You can easily track your hours of service, audit your trucking logs, get rewards, and so much more. With such an easy method of installation, it’s no surprise that My20 is so popular for fleet owners.
Special Information About the My20 ELD Application
The app for My20 uses GPS data and cloud tech to ensure drivers can make the most of their electronic logs. There’s no extra hardware needed, and the app can be used on nearly Apple or Android tablet or smartphone.
All you need to do is download the right app and then link it with your phone using Bluetooth. You will also want to be sure the actual My20 device is already installed in your truck before moving forward.
You might be wondering if your smartphone is compatible with the apps for My20, so we want to go over there. As long as you have an Android device of over 5.0 or an iOS device of over 10, you can use the device and all of its exceptional functions.
Another question that might come up is what the best way is to connect an ELD to the app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s simple since the home screen will have a note on the right, letting you know if you are connected. If you find that you aren’t, tap on scan and then check your power supply. You want to see if a green light is showing up.
Keep in mind that to get connected with the device from your app, you need to have both Bluetooth and location services enabled.
Pros & Cons of the My20 Electronic Logging Device
While you now know most of the information to decide whether the Garmin ELD is right for you, we still want to offer a list of pros and cons. This will ensure that it has all the features you want and that the disadvantages aren’t so high that you regret a purchase. Thankfully, this is a reliable electronic logging device that has far more advantages than it has drawbacks, but both are located below.
- Offers a vast number of features, making it more than a simple hours of service device
- Comes in a user-friendly format with an app that is intuitive and simple to use
- Has a low price point to be within budget for most truckers, fleet owners, and operators
- Features DOT certification and FMCSA approval so all your bases are covered
- Developed by veterans of the trucking industry to offer the things drivers want most
- Sometimes the app may randomly switch statuses without a reason to do so
- Some of the users of this electronic logging device have experienced connection problems
- Requires a subscription to use the device unlike some of the electronic logging devices on the market
The My20 ELD is a top option for independent owners, as well as anyone who manages a fleet of trucks in the United States. It provides the needed FMCSA compliance that you’re looking for but also takes into account many other ways to make driving more efficient and convenient. Some of the extra features to expect include engine info, GPS tracking capabilities, log auditing, two-way messaging, and more.
It also offers something unique in the way of dynamic load matching, which lets drivers find loads using nothing more than their smartphones. This also provides the option for shippers to set prices and choose a capacity through the application. Those who are looking for something that goes above and beyond tracking hours of service would do well to consider the My20 ELD.